Please read through the ‘Health & Fitness Statement’ and ‘Class Guidelines’ before attending your first class.
Health & Fitness Statement
I confirm, that in my opinion, I am physically able to participate in the exercises and movements that are involved within Hatha Yoga, such as but not limited to…
- gentle stretching and deep breathing
- mobilising the joints and the spine
- bearing some weight on the hands and knees
- standing and floor-based postures and movements
- movements that go from standing to the floor and vice versa
…and confirm that I will not attempt these exercises and movements if I am unable to participate without injuring myself.
I understand that if I have any medical conditions, injuries or physical difficulties; such as but not limited to…
- spinal injury or back pain
- ankle, knee, hip, wrist or shoulder joint injury or pain
- muscular injury or pain
- orthopaedic conditions
- high blood pressure or diagnosed cardiac conditions
- recovering from an illness
- currently taking any medication
…that I will seek my own medical / professional advice before attending the class.
- Please advise the teacher before the class if you have any medical conditions, injuries or physical difficulties that may affect your ability to participate safely in the class.
- You are recommended not to eat at least 1 hour beforehand.
- Wear clothing suitable for dynamic movement, i.e. t-shirt & tracksuit bottoms or leggings. We practice barefoot or with grip socks.
- If you easily get cold, have a blanket or warm clothing handy for the relaxation.
- It’s helpful to turn off the sound on all devices or anything that might distract you away from the practice.
- Set up your computer, tablet or smartphone in your office, lounge or maybe even in the garden. Chair height is ideal for watching the screen both in standing and from the floor.
- Use a Yoga mat, heavy rug or the carpet/grass is also just fine for what we’ll be doing.
- Give yourself plenty of time to be set up and ready to start if you want to join the live class. Richard will join 15 minutes before we are set to start.
- The class usually starts in a lying posture with breathing exercises, followed by the movement practice, ending with a lying down relaxation.
Please get in contact if you have any questions or concerns regarding any of the above.