Please read through the ‘Health & Fitness Statement’ and ‘Class Guidelines’ before attending your first class.
Health & Fitness Statement
I confirm, that in my opinion, I am physically able to participate in the exercises and movements that are involved within Hatha Yoga, such as but not limited to…
- gentle stretching and deep breathing
- mobilising the joints and the spine
- bearing some weight on the hands and knees
- standing and floor based postures and movements
- movements that go from standing to the floor and vice versa
…and confirm that I will not attempt these exercises and movements if I am unable to participate without injuring myself.
I understand that if I have any medical conditions, injuries or physical difficulties; such as but not limited to…
- spinal injury or back pain
- ankle, knee, hip, wrist or shoulder joint injury or pain
- muscular injury or pain
- orthopaedic conditions
- high blood pressure or diagnosed cardiac conditions
- recovering from an illness
- currently taking any medication
…that I will seek my own medical / professional advice before attending the class.
- Please advise the teacher before the class if you have any medical conditions, injuries or physical difficulties that may affect your ability to participate safely in the class.
- You are recommended not to eat at least 1 hour beforehand.
- Give yourself plenty of time to arrive, latecomers may not be allowed to joined.
- Wear clothing suitable for dynamic movement, i.e. t-shirt & tracksuit bottoms or leggings. We practice barefoot or with grip socks. Please use the toilets for changing.
- If you easily get cold, please bring a blanket or warm clothing for the relaxation.
- Please turn off the sound on all devices or anything that might distract you away from the practice.
- Please leave all belongings, including water bottles and devices at the back of the room.
- Mats and blocks are available for you to use, if you have your own please bring them along.
- The class usually starts in a lying posture with breathing exercises, followed by the movement practice, ending with a lying down relaxation.
Richard is available before class or feel free to contact him if you have any questions or concerns regarding any of the above.